Thursday 3 July 2014

My Diet for Lyme #2 - My Regime

Bacteria love sugar. Any kind of  sugar. Knowing that, I knew something I could use against the Lyme was starvation. I had been reading a book about the Alkaline Diet. Everything made sense to me except the fruits that are included in the diet. I did not want the Infection in my body to have anything sugars to eat! I wanted to starve it to death. After 9 years of having this disgusting bacteria in my body making my life miserable I decided to do the alkaline diet, but only eat greens. Absolutely under no circumstance did I want to give it anything to survive on!!!

For 1.5 months, this is what I ate while I was on my regime, and mission to suffocate the Lyme:

I ate unprecedented amounts of raw spinach, kale, avocado, cucumbers, celery, mustard greens, lettuce, green peppers, cilantro, and the list goes on. I juiced massive amounts, and made humongous salads and put lemon, avocado, and olive oil on them with some sea salt. I would crush garlic and leave it for 10 minutes for the enzymes to become active and sprinkle it on my massive salads. I ate at least half of a rather large head of organic garlic a day. Sometimes a whole one. I also chopped a lot of onion and put it on my salads. People would comment that I smelled. But seriously, I was fighting for my life!! And didn't care what I smelled like! Keeping my goal in mind:)

organic garlic
The reason why I took so much garlic is because  it is a natural antibiotic.

A friend of mine who grew up in South America told me story about  how when she was a little girl she got a red rash like growth allover her body. Her mother took her to the doctors and nothing they prescribed worked.  One day she went out to the barn and saw hanging from the ceiling bags of garlic. For some reason she craved it when she saw it, so she grabbed a head and sat down and ate it. The next day she did the same thing. She said to her amazement after that the rash like skin problem disappeared and never came back. When I heard this story, I decided this would be part of my Lyme regime diet. Raw garlic!

I ate all raw green vegetables. I sprinkled my salads with crushed raw garlic, onions, and raw pumpkin seeds.
Put whole avocados on them, sometimes two. I made juices from many green vegetables.
Sometimes I made guacamole using avocado, garlic, cumin, fresh lime juice and sea salt and puréed the ingredients together and had it for a meal. I tried to use my imagination while staying in the realm of green foods. It wasn't easy and since I had a time frame in mind when this would all end, I was able to carry this out.

I ate cut up vegetables through out the day including radishes as they are one of the highest alkaline vegetables.

For breakfast I made the smoothie that Paula Abdul makes for her inflammation flare ups. She was in a serious plane accident and has major head, neck and back issues. Her inflammation has caused her to go on major pain killing medication. She says after she drinks this her inflammation goes right down. When I heard her talk about this on a talk show, I decided it would also be a part of my regime. And when I started it, I noticed it cleared up my head/thinking a lot. Here is the recipe. I didn't add apple to mine. But I did add some almond milk to make it creamier, use your discretion.

Ingredients

green anti-inflammation smoothie
  • 1 cup fresh kale (I kept kale frozen in a big zip lock back in the freezer)
  • 1 cup spinach (I kept spinach frozen in a big zip lock back in the freezer)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. hemp seeds 
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1/2 avocado 
  • 1/2 green banana (I used about 1 whole frozen green banana)
  • 1/2 apple
  • 1 cup coconut water
  • pinch of stevia (I never used this either, it tasted good to me without it)
  • 4 ice cubes (because the banana, kale and spinach were frozen, I didn't add ice to mine)

All of these ingredients are alkalizing. And it was a nice start to my morning.

For mid morning I had prepared cut up veggies. I ate a lot.

For lunch I would have a massive salad.

In the afternoon more vegetables and some raw pumpkin seeds and raw almonds (if they are raw, they should be considered green).
I ate unlimited amounts.

While doing this and along with everything else on this regime, I sweat and sweat and sweat. I always felt damp. I was shocked one day when I changed my pillow case and my what used to be white pillow was now dark brown. Some serious crap was coming out of my body.

Now that I look back, I wonder if adding meat would have made a difference to my out come.
Whatever the case I'm better now....
My next post will include the healing broth recipe and the name of a few books that were very useful for me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment