Tuesday 15 April 2014

Antibiotics - Finding the Right One for Me

Finding the Right Antibiotic for Me

Azithromycin otherwise known as Zythromax definitely helped cure my Lyme co-infections. I had been on a lot of other antibiotics before taking this one, and nothing compared.  I think what's really important is to find an antibiotic that is right for your infection and your body. I tried many different antibiotics over the course of five years. I took this one on and off for a year along with a Sulpha antibiotic. During treatment on these I felt so much better, so I thought I would try to come off the antibiotics and see if the infection was really gone like I felt it was. But no, within two weeks or so, symptoms would come back. But rest be assured I felt very confident with these two antibiotics, especially Zythromax. I actually regained my energy back while on them, something I never felt while taking any of the other medications. So for me, this antibiotic combination was a break through.
In my opinion antibiotics are integral in treating Lyme co-infections. When you try to treat them naturally only, I believe you are prolonging the disease. My infection was so rampant in my body, I know if I did not take antibiotics I would either be dead or in a wheel chair all shrivelled up.

During the 4 years of being sick before my diagnosis, I spent wads do cash on nature paths and natural therapies.  I probably spent $50,000.00. Some of them helped, but none of them got rid of the Lyme, or even detected it. Nothing against naturopaths, I still go sometimes, but I was fighting a the unknow. No one could give me an explanation that I accepted. I felt like I had been poisoned and was searching for what I had been poisoned with.

Antibiotics were integral, but on their own, didn't cure me.
After 5 years of being on antibiotics and 9 in total of being sick, I was really tired of fighting. I was frustrated and scared. You would think 5 years of treatment with antibiotics, three different ones at a time would be powerful enough to kill any infection! But it would not die!
The bacteria digs deep inside, and builds walls around itself. It needed starvation, fumigation and explosives all at the same time. And my big fear then was I would be on antibiotics for the rest of my life if I wanted to function like a half normal human being.
I did NOT want to be on antibiotics anymore, but I did because they made me functional.
After being on Zythromax, I never felt better. It was just getting off Zythromax and not depending on it anymore that was the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment