Saturday 28 June 2014

Fluconazole

Antibiotics, Fungus and Teeth


Since I was on antibiotics for such a long period of time, my doctor prescribed an anti fungal medication to take care of that. Before I went on it, I had black fungus grow on my teeth from taking antibiotics.  At first look my dentist thought my teeth were de-calcifying and I believed him because my teeth were in such pain from the Lyme that it felt like they were going to all fall out. I remember going home after that appointment thinking about having no teeth at 28 years of age. It was a scary depressing thought. However, at my next appointment a week later, it turned out the dental hygienist could scrape it off. That's when we discovered I had black fungus growing on my teeth and my teeth weren't going to fall out of my head. What a huge relief that was!!!

An anti fungal is an important part of treatment.
I however did not take an anti fungal medication during my 1.5 month regime.
Only while I was doing my antibiotic treatment, alone, as prescribed by my Lyme Literate Doctor.
I took a very strong acidophilus however throughout my whole journey.
The acidophilus I took was very powerful. I needed it. It is called Theralac. At the time I could order it by phone, but I see there is a website online. Here is the link: http://www.theralac.com/default.aspx
I highly recommend this product.
There are some really good probiotics out there!




No comments:

Post a Comment